ORIGINS

I grew up in a small Ohio town and I rode the school bus from 1st through 12th grades. My bus ride always included a country road on which every school day we saw a one-room brick school house. (SW corner of Stine Rd and Enon-Xenia Pike). As the years went by I watched this wonderful, familiar friend fall apart. After I married the school really began to deteriorate. Every time we visited the area I would want to take a photo of the school but never did. Finally, when we went specifically for the task, the school was gone. It was a huge loss for me and, since that time, whenever we pass a one-room school it is a joy to stop to take a picture or two. Thus, our collection here and the blog with schools in other states. Jill :oD

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Lincoln #9, Prairie Hill School


Prairie Hill School.  This school was moved from its original location at the NW corner of B Ave (CR V38) and 270th street to about 1/2 mile north on a farm.  The only building we could see from the road which was a possible match was this one.  Address is 2665.
Photographed 8/24/13

No comments: