Was at the NW corner of Oakcrest Hill Rd and 520th St. Moved about 1/4 mile north to 5141 Oakcrest Hill Rd SE (old US218). Sits at the back of the lot, barely visible from the road, but quite visible from US218 by the on-ramp from Hills. Used as an outbuilding.
This first shot was taken from Oakcrest Hill Rd, and is the best shot we could get.
This one was taken looking north from 520th St just before the entrance ramp to US218.
The remaining photos were taken from north bound on-ramp to US218 as we moved slowly northbound by the highway.
Photographed 12/3/16
I would have loved to have had this in my backyard! It would have been restored to days of old, electricity added for heating and cooling, and a 1/2 bath. I would have used it for my office, and perhaps just to dream in and look at all the things I've collected over the years. I hope they know of the treasure they have. And...I may have even taught my pretend class like I did when I was little! Laura Ingalls would have been proud!
ReplyDelete