The first school below is the Cherry Valley School, built in 1878 on Cherry Valley Rd, SE of Fairfax in the College Township school district. It was relocated to Usher's Ferry from Fairfax and restored. It was restored again after the flood. This school was photographed on 10/2/04.
The red one is Monroe #6, Pleasant Prairie, originally located on Blairs Ferry Rd. It was converted to a house once it was no longer used as a school. It was then relocated to Usher's Ferry and restored to represent a Grange Hall. It was severely damaged in the flood and not currently restored (considered to be "in mothballs"). This photo was taken on 9/23/06.
This photo was posted on the Ushers Ferry Facebook page; it is of the Cherry Valley School in its original location ca 1900