Two-story stone structure built 1860, closed 1963. K-8th grade used first floor, high school used second. A wooden high school was later built in the lot immediately north, but is no longer extant. In 2011 a new roof and windows were installed, paid for by the county gaming commission. Clayton is east of County Road X56 on the Mississippi River, and the school is on the street along the river.