ORIGINS

I grew up in a small Ohio town and I rode the school bus from 1st through 12th grades. My bus ride always included a country road on which every school day we saw a one-room brick school house. (SW corner of Stine Rd and Enon-Xenia Pike). As the years went by I watched this wonderful, familiar friend fall apart. After I married the school really began to deteriorate. Every time we visited the area I would want to take a photo of the school but never did. Finally, when we went specifically for the task, the school was gone. It was a huge loss for me and, since that time, whenever we pass a one-room school it is a joy to stop to take a picture or two. Thus, our collection here and the blog with schools in other states. Jill :oD

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Union #7, Cambria School


From Iowa City, proceed SW on State Highway 1 a bit over 1.5 miles to Sharon Center Road, and turn south.  Proceed about 1/2 mile and this will be on the east side of the road.  Another one highly modified into a house.  Address is 4358.  The first shot is all that can be seen while approaching from the north.
The next three shots are from the west side of the house - the road.  The third one offers a close-up look at the front.
The last shot shows some of the dormer work on the south side of the building.
Photographed 8/11/13

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am the current owner of this property and I have an old photo of the original school house. I am happy to scan and send it to you for your website. just let me know where to send it. thank you!

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Hello!

Any photo which would show this as a school would be most welcomed. Any historical information that you know would also be most welcome.

Email at bluebaron52@yahoo.com