ORIGINS

I grew up in a small Ohio town and I rode the school bus from 1st through 12th grades. My bus ride always included a country road on which every school day we saw a one-room brick school house. (SW corner of Stine Rd and Enon-Xenia Pike). As the years went by I watched this wonderful, familiar friend fall apart. After I married the school really began to deteriorate. Every time we visited the area I would want to take a photo of the school but never did. Finally, when we went specifically for the task, the school was gone. It was a huge loss for me and, since that time, whenever we pass a one-room school it is a joy to stop to take a picture or two. Thus, our collection here and the blog with schools in other states. Jill :oD

Monday, October 12, 2015

Yell #6, Tip Top School

According to Wesley Peters: Originally located on the southeast corner of Section 28, Yell Twp, Boone County.  Closed in the 1940's.

East of Ogden on County E41.  This school was moved to the Eldon Wenger property,  for use as a machine shed, one mile north of County E41 on J Ave, east side of the road.

Photographed on 10/10/15

No comments: