ORIGINS

I grew up in a small Ohio town and I rode the school bus from 1st through 12th grades. My bus ride always included a country road on which every school day we saw a one-room brick school house. (SW corner of Stine Rd and Enon-Xenia Pike). As the years went by I watched this wonderful, familiar friend fall apart. After I married the school really began to deteriorate. Every time we visited the area I would want to take a photo of the school but never did. Finally, when we went specifically for the task, the school was gone. It was a huge loss for me and, since that time, whenever we pass a one-room school it is a joy to stop to take a picture or two. Thus, our collection here and the blog with schools in other states. Jill :oD

Monday, April 3, 2017

Center #5

The following information was provided to me via e-mail from Krista Clark on 21 February 2017.

It's a building that was a risk of being torn down until someone came forward who wants to repurpose the structure.  It won't be a school, of course, but at least it will still be standing.  The building sat SW of Tipton, maybe 6 miles or so, although I never saw where it was.  At the time of its most recent move it had already been moved to that location (the farmstead) previously, although no one, yet, seems to know when that happened.  Center #5 is now located on Highway 30 in Mechanicsville.


The school is on the south side of U.S. 30 at the east side of town.  The first photo was taken by us on 1 April 2017, while the remainder were sent to me by Krista.


UPDATE 9/9/17:  A wee bit of work done; no boards over the windows.
UPDATE 10/2/21:  Some changes over the past 4 years.

No comments: